YMCA Food Delivery Help Details
As of 3/20/20 MMBC is no longer serving as a food distribution location for the YMCA.
However, if you would like to still volunteer in a meaningful way you can deliver food to families in needy neighborhoods that may not have the transportation to pick it up for themselves. If you would like to participate please follow these steps:
- Arrive at the YMCA between 6:15 and 6:45 on Friday 3/20/20 to pick up meals. There should be people in the shed around back to help you.
- Split up into teams and go to different neighborhoods in need. Make sure everyone is going to different neighborhoods! Here’s a list of places the YMCA suggests:
- Custer Estates – 1700 Mall Rd.
- Greenwood Apartments
- Charlotte Arms Apartments – 1166 N. Malcomb St.
- S. Rossler & 7th St. Apartments
- America’s Best Value Inn
- Greenwycke Apartments – 6112 Greenwycke Ln.
- Oakridge Estates – 75 Briarwood Trl.
- Good Lord Willing Campsite
- Meadowbrook Estates – 1250 Strandwyck Dr
- Willowgreen Mobile Home Park – 2033 N Outer Dr
- When you get to the neighborhoods, approach homes and people in pairs and let them know you’re handing out food to those who may need it from the YMCA.
- If you still have leftover meals please take them to one of these three shelters and donate them.
- Philadelphia House: 218 Washington St.
- Salvation Army: 815 E. First St.
- Oaks of Righteousness: 1018 E 2nd St.
You guys are awesome! Thanks for your patience as we are having to change our efforts to best serve Monroe! Let’s continue to be the hands and feet of Jesus together!